Saturday, 3 August 2013

Why Michael can never make it in online marketing



Michael came to me few months ago to learn online marketing and his immediate response was “I don’t have much time wait. I want to start making money online immediately.”
In reply I told him making money online is a process, it’s a learning curve which does n’t happen overnight. To explain my point further I gave him the example of cultivation. Cultivation is a process that involves various stages – preparing the soil, sowing the seeds, removing the weeds, nourishing it with manure and water, protecting it and waiting for the entire duration of the growth cycle of the crop.. until it is ready for harvesting. There is no way to cram the process. It is same with the learning curve when it comes to online marketing.
With effective teaching methods the time factor can be shrunk, but never eliminated. Mental development needs time, maturity needs time, growth needs time, learning needs time. Attempting to cram the whole process, seeking short cuts to development and quick-fix solutions may provide instant gratification, but never long term results.
Learning is a natural phenomenon and it has four stages:

Firstly, Unconscious Incompetence: I don’t know that I don’t know
Secondly, Conscious Incompetence: I know that I don’t know
Thirdly, Conscious Competence: I know that I know how to do this
Finally, Unconscious Competence: What I do, I do well

Sadly, Michael was not ready to go though these four stages of learning curve. That’s why he could never make it in online marketing.
Are you ready? To move though these four stages of learning and acquiring knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment